Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
- Working with local middle and high schools promoting healthy relationships versus controlling or abusive ones.
Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Pinwheels for prevention
- Party in the Park – April 30, 2019 – Avent Park 5-7pm
Free food, games, and resources for children and families
Sexual Assualt Awareness Month
- Sexual Assault March around Oxford Square – April 2, 2019
- Take Back the Night at The University of Mississippi – April 16, 2019
International Chief of Police Conference – May 20-24th
LOU 4th of July Celebration
- All day events starting with Children’s parade in the morning, activities and music in the Grove during the afternoon, and a large firework display that night.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Love Shouldn’t Hurt campaign throughout the community.
- Love Shouldn’t Hurt ribbon displays for businesses and community members.